Please help quickly- Brinsea Mini II Ex humidity too high

birds4c

Songster
Mar 6, 2021
I set my incubator at 69 humidity last night to begin lock down (last night started day 18). Everything seemed to be working well. This morning though the humidity was at 83%. I opened the vent and the incubator to lower the humidity but as soon as I close the lid the humidity just keeps going up. What should I do? Do you think my eggs might still hatch?

I set my incubator at 69 humidity last night to begin lock down (last night started day 18). Everything seemed to be working well. This morning though the humidity was at 83%. I opened the vent and the incubator to lower the humidity but as soon as I close the lid the humidity just keeps going up. What should I do? Do you think my eggs might still hatch?
Did you remove some of the water? Seems like I had to do that when I had one of those bc of condensation.

It was somewhat closed so I opened it all the way now. I lowered the humidity to 65% and it seems to be stabilizing at least for right now (it’s at 67%). Will they hatch at 65% or do I need to up it to 69%?

It was somewhat closed so I opened it all the way now. I lowered the humidity to 65% and it seems to be stabilizing at least for right now (it’s at 67%). Will they hatch at 65% or do I need to up it to 69%?
Usually they advise 60-65% so you're good. 🙂

Ok great! Thank you for helping! Do you think the eggs can still hatch even despite the huge jump in humidity?

Back
Top Bottom