Please help sex my 12 week old easter eggers!!

Mofreak

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2024
IMG_5463.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5464.jpeg
    IMG_5464.jpeg
    988 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5465.jpeg
    IMG_5465.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5466.jpeg
    IMG_5466.jpeg
    626.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5468.jpeg
    IMG_5468.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
To my eye, they all seem to be pullets. By 12 weeks, males would start to have their saddle feathers develop and start to look rooster-y. I don't really think these ones do, I'm slightly suspicious of #4, but still lean towards pullet just based on the one picture. I'll agree #6 is most definitely female. But 🤷‍♀️ could be wrong. The combs are a little red and large on some in a way that's also suspicious.

Last edited:
Number 6 is for sure a pullet. 12 weeks can actually be a challenging stage to tell gender at a glance especially in mixed breeds. Pullets might be starting to get a bit of color, but males may not show male specific feathering yet.
3 and 4 are males if they developed with typical barring. I have had hens with that much white barring, but I knew the crossing was not showing typical barring. #1 and #2 have large wattles for the age so likely males, but breeding could cause this as well. #5 has me leaning male as well. Size and gut feeling, but I would hold off on any decisions until crows, male feathering or eggs confirm.

Back
Top Bottom