Please help!! Sick chicken and keeps on pooping out yellow watery substance

Rosie288

Hatching
Apr 26, 2022
I noticed this only a few days ago, but my 6-8 year old hen, she hadnt come out of her coop so we ended up bringing her in last night. She wasnt getting up and even if I held her up, she still insisted on sitting down, she doesnt eat anymore or even drink anything, and we noticed how her eyes have become partially or completey closed sometimes. Often we assumed she was simply sleeping, but after a while we started to suspect it was a bigger problem. She wasnt responding to my calls and she was just sleeping for hours, my mum had suggested we take her out into the sunshine, but she doesnt seem to enjoy it outside. Her feathers are ruffled and her wings are always droopy like and she wont open her eyes. Me and my mum are all worried about her. Can someone please help me??? Its an emergency. If you can, please respond to this.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed this only a few days ago, but my 6-8 year old hen, she hadnt come out of her coop so we ended up bringing her in last night. She wasnt getting up and even if I held her up, she still insisted on sitting down, she doesnt eat anymore or even drink anything, and we noticed how her eyes have become partially or completey closed sometimes. Often we assumed we was simply sleeping, but after a while we started to suspect is a was a bigger problem. She wasnt responding to my calls and she was just sleeping for hours, my mum had suggested we take her out into the sunshine, but she doesnt seem to enjoy it outside. Her feathers are ruffled and her wings are always droopy like and she wont open her eyes. Me and my mum are all worried about her. Can someone please help me??? Its an emergency. If you can, please respond to this.

Thank you so much.
What feed do you have? Do you put hydro hen electro lights in its water? I would do the Purina chick medicate starter. I don’t now she’s definitely sick, when push comes to shove call a vet but know that stuff is crazy prices!!!! Answer my questions and I might be able to help.

What feed do you have? Do you put hydro hen electro lights in its water? I would do the Purina chick medicate starter. I don’t now she’s definitely sick, when push comes to shove call a vet but know that stuff is crazy prices!!!! Answer my questions and I might be able to help.
Give her some hydro hen.

Thanks for your reply, we did try give her some probiotic supplements, but she wont eat it, and we also tried feeding her anti-biotic garlic water, but she wont eat or drink, and still closes her eyes as if shes sleeping, though Im not sure if she really is sleeping

I'm sorry about your hen, it sounds like she is failing.
At 6-8 yrs of age, sometimes hen just decline due to age. Reproductive disorders can be common as well.
Work on hydrating her and tempt her to eat.
If vet care is an option, that would be good.

Thanks for your reply, we did try give her some probiotic supplements, but she wont eat it, and we also tried feeding her anti-biotic garlic water, but she wont eat or drink, and still closes her eyes as if shes sleeping, though Im not sure if she really is sleeping
maybe wipe your eyes very carefully with a soft towel that’s wet grind up the food that’s what I did with one of my chick and you might wanna do a little bit from a syringe of the Hydro and electrolytes to get something in her.🤨

maybe wipe your eyes very carefully with a soft towel that’s wet grind up the food that’s what I did with one of my chick and you might wanna do a little bit from a syringe of the Hydro and electrolytes to get something in her.🤨
Yep, for sure, will keep you updated soon. Thank you for your response

I'm sorry about your hen, it sounds like she is failing.
At 6-8 yrs of age, sometimes hen just decline due to age. Reproductive disorders can be common as well.
Work on hydrating her and tempt her to eat.
If vet care is an option, that would be good.
Thank you, today she fell asleep soundly and passed away gently and I think we all knew she died in her sleep, my only regret was that I wasn't there to comfort her, but thank you all for your help, I'll definetly need some time alone for myself and allow some time to heal. Im really gonna miss her.

Thank you, today she fell asleep soundly and passed away gently and I think we all knew she died in her sleep, my only regret was that I wasn't there to comfort her, but thank you all for your help, I'll definetly need some time alone for myself and allow some time to heal. Im really gonna miss her.

:hugs I'm sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom