Please Help - Sick Muscovy

First off get them where it's warm. if you can get them off the cement. Do you know if they ate on the dead fish? is their pond water stagnant?
Do you have Molasses or Epsom salt or Activated charcoal any of these you can add to their water. [not all just one of the remedies] Just make sure you follow the directions.
I would def try and get them to a vet.
Can you hear congestion when listening to them breathe?
could they have been poisoned?

View attachment 2966699

Thank you! Not eating but will drink if I did their beaks. They live outside but have access to a house. They tend to just stay in the grass under trees. I know a dead fish came out of their pond last week.
They are few rangers but also eat poultry food with oyster shells.
Hi there, I am so sad that your ducks are ill.

Where in the USA are you? I note you have a pond: is it visited by wild ducks? I am concerned that the respiratory symptoms might indicate bird flu. It has recently been identified in a wild duck in South Carolina.

https://www.thepoultrysite.com/news/2022/01/us-reports-avian-influenza-cases-in-wild-birds

Thanks everyone. We ended up getting them to a vet. Still not sure why it is but they are being treated with wormer, antibiotics, and probiotics. We also did a charcoal slurry this morning prior to the vet.

We are in Hawaii in the jungle. No wild ducks. I have call ducks as well who are not showing any symptoms. Also none of my chickens are sick.

They could have pecked at a fish. Not sure. We are getting the fences tested so we can narrow down what is happening. I’m hoping they pull through.

Unfortunately Clayton died last night. I’m heartbroken. This duck followed me everywhere, let me hold him constantly, gave kisses, and played soccer. He truly was one of a kind. We did have a poop smear that came back negative for every ailment they can test for, so I am certain my muscovies ate something toxic. His two babies are still alive. Both can drink on their own. Both can lift their heads. One is walking again and eating small amounts.

Unfortunately Clayton died last night. I’m heartbroken. This duck followed me everywhere, let me hold him constantly, gave kisses, and played soccer. He truly was one of a kind. We did have a poop smear that came back negative for every ailment they can test for, so I am certain my muscovies ate something toxic. His two babies are still alive. Both can drink on their own. Both can lift their heads. One is walking again and eating small amounts.
So sad for you and Clayton. Its like losing a family member when a duck like Clayton passes. You have his good memories: I hope they give you comfort in the future. Let's also hope that his two babies survive this challenge

Back
Top Bottom