Please Help tiny Serama hen egg still stuck

LuvBantums

Songster
Jul 7, 2017
North Carolina
This is the second post for my Serama hen with egg stuck and still needing help for her. If I don't do something soon, I'm afraid I'll lose her. She's always had trouble laying eggs, because of her tiny body and with one of her hip/leg deformities. I have given her warm salt baths putting lubricant finger to see if I could get it out. I've been doing this for 3 days and so far it's close to the end. She's also been on avian calcium with not much improvement. What I need to know is if I need to put her on anything else and if there is anything else I can do to help her pass the egg. Thank you in advance for your help

Same hen in this thread?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/please-hen-with-broken-egg.1431203/

Can you feel the egg inside the vent or did she lay this egg internally?
Sounds like you are doing all you can for her. Likely if this had been going on since Friday (it's now Monday very late) then she's laid internally.
Sometimes they can rally, but with her having problems (deformities) then she may be in a state of decline.

Have you given her crushed tums? It’s a calcium boost.
Keep lubing vent, can use coconut oil. Being egg bound too long can kill her. Keep trying to work the egg out gently. Keep us posted

Same hen in this thread?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/please-hen-with-broken-egg.1431203/

Can you feel the egg inside the vent or did she lay this egg internally?
Sounds like you are doing all you can for her. Likely if this had been going on since Friday (it's now Monday very late) then she's laid internally.
Sometimes they can rally, but with her having problems (deformities) then she may be in a state of decline.
Thank you so much for getting back. I'm trying to update my post, but don't know how to do it. She passed the egg yesterday and is doing very well.

Have you given her crushed tums? It’s a calcium boost.
Keep lubing vent, can use coconut oil. Being egg bound too long can kill her. Keep trying to work the egg out gently. Keep us posted
I have avian calcium powder, which I give to her with her mealworms. I'm trying to update my post to let everyone know that she passed her egg yesterday and is doing very well. Thank you for your help and concern.

Back
Top Bottom