Please help to ID TSC bantams

Mainemaid

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
I'm new to chicken and this forum. I would be very thankful for any help you could give me. Last Thursday I bought 6 chicks from the assorted bantam bin at TSC. Surprisingly the sales rep was helpful and knowledge to a point. She know the chick came from Mt Healthy Hatchery, so I call Mt Healthy for a list of breed in the mix. The sale rep at Mt Healthy state the chicks could be Old English, Silkie, Golden Sebright or Mille Fleur. I can r/o Silkie due to no solid black skinned chicks and only one has feathered legs (with no feather on feets)

Chick #1-must be older due to more feathers, estimated age 1-2 weeks, down black with light white/yellow belly, all feathers are black, naked legs with pink and black skin.

Chick #2 & 3-estimated age 1wk, down black and white/yellow, primary wing feather are white with black shadows, secondary wing feather are black, naked legs with pink and black skin (Pics are all of same chick-not posting pics of 2nd chick because these 2 could be twins in appearance.)

Chick #4-estimated age 1wk, down multiple shades of yellow with black spot on head (darker yellow on head and back-no strips), wing feathers coming in tan with black shadowing only on one side of feather, naked legs with pink skin.

Chick #5-estimated age 1wk, down yellow with grey haze on head and back, wing feathers coming in cream with black specks, naked legs with pink skin.

Chick #6-estimated age 1wk, down yellow, wing feathers coming in cream with black shadowing only on one side of feather, thin line of yellow feather on side of leg with naked feet, pink skin.

I think they are mostly some type of old english bantam but would love to know what everyone else thinks.

I don't know about all the others but chicks 2 and 3 look just like my little Black Sumatra at that age. She came from the Assorted Bantam bin at TSC (St Clair). Our TSCs also order from Mt Healthy. I don't know if they even know what they have because I have a Gold Neck D'uccles chick and Silver Laced Cochin chick from that same bantam bin. And neither of those are chicks you mentioned that Mt. Healthy listed as possibilities.

Your chick number 5 is colored like a Mille Fleur D'uccles but I don't see feathered feet...

Such fun playing "guess the chick" as they grow ^_^

Last edited:
I agree with you--most of them are probably Old English Game. The one with the feathered legs is not OEG, though. I'm not sure what it is. It will be easier to tell once they get older, so I would post some new photos in a few weeks.

Easy, Why? Because I ended up with a similar mix from TSC.

#6 is definitely a Silver Seabright.

#4,5 looks so much like my Milie Fleur D'uccle but they have no feathered feet? Confusing!

Back
Top Bottom