PLEASE HELP-Turkey chick vomiting and pooping clear fluid.

FarmerWife

Songster
9 Years
Oct 27, 2010
Hello,
My daughter broought in her turkey chick just now, and it is vomiting and pooping clear fluid of some kind. It's been in the pen with the chickens and ducks, none of them have been sick. If I need to give her some kind of medication, can someone tell me what it is, and what's going on with her so I can try to handle this as quick as possible. Thanks so much!

Dianna in NM

Description of behavior would suggest that it might be trying to expel a toxin. You have it separated from the others. Provide clean, fresh water and gamebird Starter from a new bag. Mix one tablespoon of table sugar and one teaspoon of table salt in one pint of water and dissolve solids. Provide the poult with some of this solution with an eyedropper (Pedialyte is good if you have it), just a boost to energy and an electrolyte (`emergency mix'), a couple of times. More important is that it gets plain old fresh water and a known quality of feed.

Wow, ok. Thanks so much. It's dark out already, but I'll go get it done. Thank you again,

Blessings,
Dianna

Hello! Please help me, my turkey ( Tom) of around 5months it is committing fluid and seems like paralyzed, don't eat and move. What can I do.

Back
Top Bottom