PLEASE HELP US East TN 4th grade class project need some eggs

misanne11

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 11, 2008
East TN
My sons 4th grade class are going to be learning about hatching eggs. The teacher has an incubator in her classroom. So I am going to try to help them out with their project. I am able to provide some of the eggs for them but not enough. Some of the children in the class are participating in the 4-h chick chain and this will be a wonderful time for them to learn just how that chick grows and gets out of that egg. If anyone has any spare eggs to offer I would greatly appreciate them. We are going to shoot fot the 14 to get the incubator up and running that way we will have plenty of time to get them hatched before school is out for the summer. We are going to offer the children the chance to take some of the chicks home to raise ( with parental permisson ) Maybe this will ignite ones intrest in the poultry world.

Thank You,
smile.png
Misty

Last edited:
If you want some free mutts we could help you out. We get 1-2 a day from our EE's. One of our BO's eggs are fertile also. Not sure what a BO/Silkie cross would look like.

Anyway, if you want some mutts just let me know. We know they're fertile and viable, but haven't hatched any out yet (got one in the bator now).

Sounds good to me. Don't matter what they look like kids usually love the mutts better anyway.
tongue.png

Since they aren't being shipped they should be more dependable, too.

When do you want them?
Where would be a good place to meet?

THANKS Lori

big_smile.png

If anyone else out there that has any extras the kids would love to have them.

Hi, if you want to pay shipping I am getting 12+ a day from my free-rangers. The parent stock is all purebred but the chicks won't be. I have wyandottes, phoenix, buff and black minorca's, leghorn, americauna, and a couple of barnevelders....I could probably ship 2 dozen for $15

Back
Top Bottom