Please help us identify our ducklings??? Update on photos

WelcometoBYC.gif
. Where did you buy them?

I know a lot about ducks but you will have to post some pictures when they are a little older because a lot of ducklings look alike. Sorry that I wasn't much help.

bought them from a woman that has lots of other ducks so she wasnt sure what the mix might be! her best guess was aa pekin /muscovy cross?....

The stripe on the top of the head is very common in Silver Appleyard ducklings. It could just have come about because of a certain cross as well. They dont look like any muscovy cross I have ever seen before either though- The bill colouration especially. I would guess that if they are a cross it is two mallard derived breeds.
What ever they turn out to be...they do look like some very content ducklings...gorgeous too!!

Thanks so much for the help!!! this is our first time having ducks and I am just tickled pink! Just loving them so much ! Cannot wait to get hens next year after we build the bird resort;) We have three goldens and being 'bird' dogs our male likes to chase them but he's getting used to them...our girls are little mothers to them and curious. They're much more secure in a small area of the yard with their little pool.They are a month old today. I have done hours of research trying to figure out what cross they might be to no avail..they seem to be one mark off every breed...lol...I am thinking more of a mallard/pekin cross...their legs have orange on them too and just don't look like any muscovy I've come across! Whatever they are we are thrilled!!! Just want to identify if theyre flyers or not! Would hate to lose them! Fernando is very affectionate and nibbles on my neck...Lola is a little independant spitfire!

have some updated photos of the duclings at almost 6 wks old still hoping to identify their species lol...so afraid theyll fly away but my friend who has ducks says my ducklings are huge so she doesnt think theyll fly. Here are some updated photos

Back
Top Bottom