PLEASE HELP!!!! What breeds are these birds?

This is Blitz. I think he is a rooster and he is still only a few weeks old. His coloring looks burchin but not completely.

Pic# 1

Pic#2

This is Thing 2. I think he is a rooster as well. He started out looking like a Brahma Bantam but then he started getting white spots.

Pic#3

This is a picture of his comb...

Pic#4

And this is his sister Thing 1...

Pic#5

This is Loki... and I have given up trying to tell if it is male or female

Pic#6

Pic#7

And finally, this is Jinx. She is the same age as the first three birds and she was all black with a speckled white face when she was a baby. She is not a bantam.

Pic#8

All of these birds were purchased from TSC.

Pic #6 and #7 is a white Japanese bantam I believe! They are fun birds! I agree with the above post on the rest!

I agree with all of them except for pictures 1 and 2. I googled the name and brought up the images and they don't look completely like him. I then googled searched silver laced Cochin chicks and they are all silver whereas, blitz was silver with a white head. And he also doesn't have any real tail feathers. Or... is he just so young that he hasn't gotten the color yet?

My guesses:
Blitz- silver laced cochin cockerel
Thing 2- dark brahma cockerel
Thing 1- dark brahma pullet
Loki- ?
Jinx- australorp

Agree with this. Your birds' colors may even out as they age, or you may have less-than-stellar markings due to them being hatchery stock. Happens all the time, muddy barring, smutty lacing, etc.

Loki rosecomb or Japanese bantam
Pic #1&2 silver laced bantam Cochin
Pic 3&4 silver penciled brahma bantam same for his sis
Pic #8 austrolop?

My cochins, LF and bantams, dont seem to develop any real tail feathers til after they are 4 months...

Back
Top Bottom