PLEASE help...Whole flock-Extreme Respiratory

Oxytetracycline is one of several antibiotics that may treat mycoplasma (MG.) What type and dosage are you using? A small bit of honey might flavor the antibiotic water making it more palatable, but not always necessary.
Yeah they are drinking it just fine, but alot have stated honey is good for them. So I will add honey as well.
As for the Oxytetracycline, I've attached a picture and am dosing at ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water.
I stopped putting the Chicken Elixir in their water when I started the antibiotics, which was just yesterday. (10-14 days is what I've been told)

Attachments

• 20240105_104716.jpg
    20240105_104716.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240105_104642.jpg
    20240105_104642.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 4
Did any have swollen eyes or faces? I can’t stress how important either testing or a necropsy is for getting a diagnosis. You could be dealing with a virus that may last a month or so, and which antibiotics will not help. But if it is MG or coryza, then the correct antibiotics may help treat symptoms, not cure the disease, and the whole flock will be carriers for life. Then there be a still be outbreaks again in the future, since MG and coryza are chronic lifelong diseases. I make it a point to never buy birds from another person, breeder, swap meet, or chicken sale. It only takes one sick bird to affect all your chickens in the future. Wild birds can bring in diseases as well, but I will only buy chicks from a hatchery in the future.
No swollen eyes or faces. Been treated for coryza, worms, lice n mites...and checked...No lice no mites no worms. 1 died had EYP vet confirmed we were just doing Palpative Care, other red is still boggling me cuz it was so completely odd and quick. Runny nose with her, no labored breathing then lost all interest in food n water so I time fed her for couple days, started to get better then boom next morning couldn't stand up, we propped her so not all her weight was on her legs...by afternoon she was just gone, completely gone. However, suddenly 12 hours later when my hubby got home and picked her up in the lil baby blanket I had her wrapped in and crying so hard and holding her rocking her, she came to life just long enough to say goodbye to dad, approx 20 minutes but was very out of it(they were each other's favorite, he still cries to this day for her and it was few weeks/months back now.

can you get tylan and doxycycline? I give those together for respiratory issues. boiled eggs and honey water as treats help as well.
Only have Oxytetracycline. Hubby making eggs right now and how much honey per gallon of water? Their waters have Oxytetracycline in them cuz it says use as only source of water so can I add honey directly to antibiotic water?

I have tried and tried to post the videos showing her breathing but they will not upload onto here, I can't find out why!

Yeah they are drinking it just fine, but alot have stated honey is good for them. So I will add honey as well.
As for the Oxytetracycline, I've attached a picture and am dosing at ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water.
I stopped putting the Chicken Elixir in their water when I started the antibiotics, which was just yesterday. (10-14 days is what I've been told)

check dosage. dosage for oxytetracycline that we have here is 1 teaspoon/1 liter. yours might be different.

Back
Top Bottom