Please help! Why is he limping?

cicipitcher7

Chirping
Mar 28, 2022
For some reason my Tom turkey started limping I’ve checked his feet in between his toes and legs I can’t seem to find why he would be limping like this. He’s eating and drinking like normal and fanning out like his prissy self does.

Attachments

• AC1509C6-68D2-4614-A464-67AF80CA49C9.jpeg
    AC1509C6-68D2-4614-A464-67AF80CA49C9.jpeg
    712.3 KB · Views: 5
I know little about turkeys, but it seems that the injury is in his knee or hip. Does he jump up and down from a roost? I would probably make him stay in a pen with food and water for a few days to see if it gets better with limiting activity. I will also tag @R2elk for any other advice.

I know little about turkeys, but it seems that the injury is in his knee or hip. Does he jump up and down from a roost? I would probably make him stay in a pen with food and water for a few days to see if it gets better with limiting activity. I will also tag @R2elk for any other advice.
His roost is kinda low just because we have a female that roost with him. But I let them out to free range today and my rooster that stays with my pigs in there pin got into it with him today and he used his legs perfectly but as soon as I broke that up he started limping like he has been for the past two days.

Back
Top Bottom