Please help with Corid dosing for water

LosPollosLocos

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 3, 2013
I found bloody chicken poop today and I think its likely Coccidiosis because 1)the chickens are 8 weeks old and have been outside for 2+ weeks and 2) one is looking "fluffy".

I got Corid from the feed store and want to treat all 6 chickens in their water. Since I'd like to change their water once or twice a day I'll switch to the small water bottle (32 oz) rather than the 2 gallon fount. Can someone please help me figure out how much powder to add to 32 oz of water? I'm just not sure how much to use. I have a kitchen scale if that helps.

So my package is for cows. I've read other threads about dosing corid but it seems that other people have a liquid not a powder and its a different strength.
Mine says:
Corid (amprolium) 20% soluble Powder coccidostat
200 mg of amprolium in every 1 gram of Corid 20% soluble powder

Thanks in advance,

Jen
LosPollosLocos :)

The Corid 20% soluable powder dosage is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Change it out daily, dont add any vitamins nor ACV to the mixture. Sick birds may not drink. If that's the case you'll have to use an eyedropperful of the mixture to place a few drops on the side of the beak for them to drink. Do this about 5-6 times a day until they are able to drink the mixture on their own.

What i ment was...do i give it to her every few hours or every 30 minutes and do i give her water as long as she will take it or do i just give a mL or 2 at a time. Hope i cleared that up. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom