Please help with sick peacock

every day Little Eagle's poo is looking better and better! Another chain of unfortunate events last night out in our coop. I heard my chickens going crazy out their so I jumped up and grabbed my flashlight and when I got out their I yelled at my husband to get dressed and get out there with me. Something got my little white rooster, hes still alive but we dont know if he will survive. His comb is ripped all the way through and he has a big gash in his ear lobe as well as missing alot of feathers underhis wing. WWhatever it was tryed to drag him out of the coop but I got out there befor it was able to. The hole was so small that I couldnt imagine anything but a snake could fit through it.

every day Little Eagle's poo is looking better and better! Another chain of unfortunate events last night out in our coop. I heard my chickens going crazy out their so I jumped up and grabbed my flashlight and when I got out their I yelled at my husband to get dressed and get out there with me. Something got my little white rooster, hes still alive but we dont know if he will survive. His comb is ripped all the way through and he has a big gash in his ear lobe as well as missing alot of feathers underhis wing. WWhatever it was tryed to drag him out of the coop but I got out there befor it was able to. The hole was so small that I couldnt imagine anything but a snake could fit through it.
That looks like a perfect cecal poop! How's her breathing and weight? Sorry about your rooster.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

After our doc appointment im going to weigh her her breathing was kinda bad this morning but shes been up all night with her eyes locked on my rooster so shes probly having a anxiety attack.

After our doc appointment im going to weigh her her breathing was kinda bad this morning but shes been up all night with her eyes locked on my rooster so shes probly having a anxiety attack.
If the Tylan doesn't start working I think you should try Baytril.

The Mexi-Cali link is the cheapest, plus it has free shipping, but it might take too long to get to you.

-Kathy

If the Tylan doesn't start working I think you should try Baytril.

The Mexi-Cali link is the cheapest, plus it has free shipping, but it might take too long to get to you.

-Kathy

I agree with our expert, Kathy -- it's probably time to try a different antibiotic. Poor Little Eagle is cycling through being better, being worse, being better, being worse... but doesn't seem to ever fully recover. That suggests that the Tylan is not totally effective against whatever is causing her respiratory problem. It may be partially effective, which is why you've seen some improvement, but she keeps relapsing.

My suggestion would be to go ahead and order some Baytril (it's up to you to choose a supplier, I personally would be squirrely about ordering from Mexico, but ordering from there could also work perfectly, I may be overly a worrier). I notice that AllBird takes paypal... just do whatever works best for you). I also found it from a couple of other internet sources and on ebay.... though ordering on ebay from Turkey or Bulgaria is even less enchanting in my mind than Mexico
roll.png
Great places to visit (maybe), but not sure I want to send my credit card info over there. Of course, using my card at Home Depot hasn't been completely without risk either
barnie.gif
The problem is that Baytril is a prescription medication, so getting it without a prescription is harder...

I'd keep LE on Tylan until the Baytril gets there (@casportpony , do you agree?) and then just go ahead and do a course of Baytril unless she is totally and completely well by then. And if she is looking "perfect," and you hold off, I would start the Baytril at the first sign of relapse.

Another way to go (but probably slightly more expensive) is to try Denaguard (tiamulin), which is available without a prescription, but I think it will cost you a little bit more due to the size of the bottle. Denaguard is supposed to be very good for some respiratory infections and chronic respiratory disease. But it is not as "broad spectrum" as Baytril.

From today's symptoms, it's pretty clear she isn't completely over whatever she has
sad.png
, so you'd be safest to get something like Baytril (or the Denaguard, if you prefer) on the way, and doing another round of treatment with the new antibiotic.... I wish she were all better already
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom