Please help

ashnnick

Chirping
Jan 18, 2016
I went out to check on my hens (almost a year old) I found one sleeping in the nest. They came out to see me, once they were ready to go back to bed the one originally in the nest got up onto the roost this time but the others pecked at her until she got down and went back into the nest. I don't know what to do, she doesn't seem sick.

I went out to check on my hens (almost a year old) I found one sleeping in the nest. They came out to see me, once they were ready to go back to bed the one originally in the nest got up onto the roost this time but the others pecked at her until she got down and went back into the nest. I don't know what to do, she doesn't seem sick.
Maybe the pecking order has changed.
hu.gif

Maybe she is being forced into going broody?

I'm worried because all 5 usually sleep close together on the roost. She tried getting up there but they pecked her until she got down???? It seems to be just her that they are picking on.

Ok, thankyou. I just went back out to the coop bc I was going to separate her. After her and 3 others ate they all got onto the roost. I'm just confused bc something caused them to do it. I'm not sure if its bullying bc I think she's on the low end of the totem pole. I don't see any sickness that I can tell: no drooping, wheezin, no injury, she's eating and drinking????????

Back
Top Bottom