Please help

MamaWalker

Songster
May 2, 2015
Mountainburg Arkansas
I purchased quail eggs and have them in an incubator. Today is day 17 and so far no signs of pips. I keep telling myself to not be impatient! I’ve never tried to incubate quail before but my 10 yr old is beside himself waiting for them to hatch. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

It’s not uncommon for them to not start hatching until day 18. Especially since it’s the morning right now, if you started them in the evening on day 1 it’s not really day 17 until the time of day you started them on day 1. It is NOT an exact science - many things influence when they will hatch, be patient.

It’s not uncommon for them to not start hatching until day 18. Especially since it’s the morning right now, if you started them in the evening on day 1 it’s not really day 17 until the time of day you started them on day 1. It is NOT an exact science - many things influence when they will hatch, be patient.
Thank you! I keep trying to reassure my son. He is more anxious than I am. We’ve hatched ducks & chickens before and he knows they don’t always hatch (100%) but he can’t contain his excitement!

Plus, day 1 isn't really *day 1*. You count the day you set the eggs as Day Zero! After 24 hours, THEN that's day 1.

Good luck!
I'm glad you posted this....i've been saying that for years, only to have it fall on "deaf ears". Thank you!:thumbsup

Attachments

• CE03937A-2695-4378-A10B-06EBECC32A28.jpeg
    CE03937A-2695-4378-A10B-06EBECC32A28.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 8
Congrats on the first one out.

Have any more pipped?

Once they start hatching they pop out like popcorn

Back
Top Bottom