Please help !!!

Toxicity 321

Chirping
Sep 5, 2020
Minnesota
My rooster is sick or something I notice he was acting funny after a fight with our other roosters . Now he is acting depressed and drunk and has a very hard time standing he has kind of watery poop but he is eating and drinking but he lays around and when he stands he falls forward. I am really worried about him his name is Larry

My rooster is sick or something I notice he was acting funny after a fight with our other roosters . Now he is acting depressed and drunk and has a very hard time standing he has kind of watery poop but he is eating and drinking but he lays around and when he stands he falls forward. I am really worried about him his name is Larry
We checked him and he has a bruise under his wing . I also was wondering The color under his eyes is very pale is that normal
Please post some photos of your rooster and his poop.
How long has it been since the fight?
Any swelling or air bubbles under the wing?
He may have suffered some head trauma. I would place him in his own pen, make sure he's eating/drinking.
Provide him with poultry vitamins for a couple of days too.

Please post some photos of your rooster and his poop.
How long has it been since the fight?
Any swelling or air bubbles under the wing?
He may have suffered some head trauma. I would place him in his own pen, make sure he's eating/drinking.
Provide him with poultry vitamins for a couple of days too.
Here are the pics of Larry our sick chicken I must say he is doing better today he was up.moving around and eating and he looks a little better
20200906_091336.jpg
20200906_091350.jpg

have you examined him inch by inch and has he got any visible injuries? A spur could have punctured him somewhere hidden like under his wing for example. Do a thorough search. If not a wound, he could have bruising or a broken bone or an internal injury.

I would start with checking him over, and give him electrolytes (baby pedialyte or diluted gatorade) and separate him from any chickens that might pick on him, keep him warm and quiet for now and assuming no visible injuries, see how he goes.

can he move the wing normally? it could be broken. You need to take a careful look. He may need to have his wings bound with vetwrap to keep them still, or if just bruised then just time and tlc is needed.

paleness can be a sign of shock. Is he paler than normal?

Back
Top Bottom