please help

BeanO_O

Hatching
Feb 7, 2021
I’m was hatching 7 eggs in my incubator and they are all bantam eggs 3 have pipped 1 didn’t come out of the egg after 24 hrs so I helped it out and it seems to be doing fine 3 pipped today and neither have started to unzip one of the 2 died inside the egg after piping I want to know if this is a problem with bantam chicks if they have trouble escaping the egg without any help

I’m was hatching 7 eggs in my incubator and they are all bantam eggs 3 have pipped 1 didn’t come out of the egg after 24 hrs so I helped it out and it seems to be doing fine 3 pipped today and neither have started to unzip one of the 2 died inside the egg after piping I want to know if this is a problem with bantam chicks if they have trouble escaping the egg without any help
What's the humidity? Bantams have no problem generally that standards wouldn't have either

I had that happen, with a large Gold Deathlayer egg, after pipping this weekend too. When i finally opened it, seems it passed without being able to move enough to draw in the juices from inside the membrane. Seemed wet - round as a basketball, white and clear membrane lots of visible veins, with a very tiny beak. Doubt there's anything that could be done.

I had that happen, with a large Gold Deathlayer egg, after pipping this weekend too. When i finally opened it, seems it passed without being able to move enough to draw in the juices from inside the membrane. Seemed wet - round as a basketball, white and clear membrane lots of visible veins, with a very tiny beak. Doubt there's anything that could be done. I don't know about others but i keep humidity under 58 until lockdown...and then over 70 by accident, or if one hatches. I think i read high humidity causes a thing called mushy chick. My late quitter was in a fairly round white egg...and had been my fastest developer and first to pip. I had many other pips so i didn't open the incubator to try to assist on the air sac/ head end.

I am not very good at advising about hatching. Sorry. Unfortunately some chicks cannot make it out of the eggs. I usually do not interfere, since there is a reason they don’t make it.

Back
Top Bottom