Please Help!

ShellBeePrice

In the Brooder
May 12, 2023
Hey!! So, my hens are pooping what looks like water and even “throwing” up. They have fresh water daily, food, and a shaded area. Today, I put vet rx and electrolytes in their water. But I just want to know what I’m dealing with so I can actually treat them accordingly

Hey!! So, my hens are pooping what looks like water and even “throwing” up. They have fresh water daily, food, and a shaded area. Today, I put vet rx and electrolytes in their water. But I just want to know what I’m dealing with so I can actually treat them accordingly

Did the problem start before or after you put things in their water?

Do they also have plain water available? (Plain water meaning nothing added to it.)

Did the problem start before or after you put things in their water?

Do they also have plain water available? (Plain water meaning nothing added to it.)
It was before. We live in Oklahoma where we have had 11 days of 100+ degree F weather. Could that have something to do with it?

It was before. We live in Oklahoma where we have had 11 days of 100+ degree F weather. Could that have something to do with it?
Yes, the temperature definitely could have something to do with it.

When chickens drink large amounts of water (like to cool off in hot weather) their droppings get extra-watery. I don't know for sure about the throwing up, but I think it could also be caused by them drinking much more water than usual.

If they look OK otherwise, I would probably provide a container of plain water as well as the water with electrolytes, so the chickens have a choice. Then watch to see if things go back to normal when the weather cools off.

Of course post again if they have other symptoms. And hopefully some other people will read this too, and check what I've said, in case I missed anything important.

Yes, the temperature definitely could have something to do with it.

When chickens drink large amounts of water (like to cool off in hot weather) their droppings get extra-watery. I don't know for sure about the throwing up, but I think it could also be caused by them drinking much more water than usual.

If they look OK otherwise, I would probably provide a container of plain water as well as the water with electrolytes, so the chickens have a choice. Then watch to see if things go back to normal when the weather cools off.

Of course post again if they have other symptoms. And hopefully some other people will read this too, and check what I've said, in case I missed anything important.
Thank you. I have noticed in the mornings and late evenings even it’s much cooler they’re fine. So, thank you again for your help!

Back
Top Bottom