please help

GreenValley

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 17, 2007
I need help my Easter Egg hen is sick i dont know with what one of her eyes is closed and has some white stuff coming out of it she keeps almost like sneezing and she also keeps opening her mouth like she is Gasping for air what could this be?? please help me should i keep her away from the rest of them im scared!

I really don't know what it is, but if you browse this site you may be able to find it,
just to be safe seperate her
if you don't find what it is you will loose one opposed to all of them, good lick though, it just sounds like a cold, i hope shes okay, i know you must be worried sick.
hugs.gif
:aww

There could be several things going on with this bird. It needs to be seperated and put on clean shavings. Wash the eye with a salt water soultion. Add apple cider vinegar and a clove of garlic to its water. If after 4 days of this and it still isn't better I would start the bird on antibiotics.

The most comman cause of what you are seeing as Mycoplasmosis but it could also be something viral of it could be having allergie or dust issues.

Back
Top Bottom