PLEASE HELP

:hugs sometimes these things cant be helped. Chickens get sick sometimes when they are old.

You could put your finger up its vent and feel for an egg (which ive done and its not that bad) or feel around the vent for a hard mass.

I can't decide if she is egg bound or sick. When she closes her eyes is she straining or sleeping? Do you think if I soak her in water will it make her sicker if she is sick? She has pooped again. It is green and liquidy.

What do you mean?

ACV with the mother is apple cider vinegar still with the "mother". Many folks here use it as a natural dewormer as well as a general health tonic for their flock. There seems to be some debate as far as how much to add to their water, but generally it seems that people will put a teaspoon to tablespoon per galln of water. I bought mine at the health food store and its made by Braggs.

How is she doing now? I had a hen that had those symptoms. I gave her a warm bath in the utility sink in my basement where I have a large refrigerator box that I use for rehab.While in the sink I held and massages her bottom area and wiped clean what looked like a broken egg that was oozing out. I held her with one hand and swirled the water like a jacuzzi around her bottom. It must have felt good because she did not fight it. I gave her a special diet of tuna, chopped cabbage, and yogurt along with her regular grains.Within a few days she became more active and laid a deformed but whole egg. I put her back with the flock and watched her to make sure all was O.K.

Not sure what the matter was with her, but she has improved the past few days and I just put her outside with the rest of the chickens!!! I think she will have one more night in the garage and then will be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom