Please help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Momoftwo04, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Momoftwo04

Momoftwo04 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    I had 10 eggs in my incubator and they were due to hatch on Friday 2/22/13. Only 1 hatched and it didn't hatch until 2/24/13. How much longer should I wait for the other eggs to hatch? If they don't hatch this poor little chick will be all alone. I do have chicks that are more than a week old but I don't dare put the hatchling in with them because I don't want them to peck at it. What should I do?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ~:^) Andrea

2. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Don't worry! I would say you cant wait any longer so gently crack them open at the large end. I would at least try to put the chick in with the others so you could at least see what happens. Better to do it now before they grow a strong pecking order. Also, try to candle them. stepbysteptoassistedhatching I hope this link works

3. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Ok tried the link doesn't work. Well, dont help the chick out completely. Just get it started if it is alive. If not, bury it. Start by chipping off the Shell at the big end then wait awhile. If you see any blood, stop ASAP!!!!!! Also, make sure the humidity is good and high. Hope this helps!!! Keep me updated!

4. kacklinkelly

kacklinkelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2012
    Southwest Desert
    Mom, When I got our chicks, one was just a day or two old and the other two
    were 2 & 3 weeks old. They all got along just fine and continue to do so.

I have been told not to push it past the three week mark. I would probably
    not mix brand new bantam chicks with 2 or 3 week old full size chicks.
    Just my humble opinion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by