Please help

kevinwoodward

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 12, 2014

I tend to agree with Dawg53 that it could possibly be fowl pox. Are you seeing mosquitoes where you live now, since pox is a virus spread by mosquites? Your lesions are pale looking though. Is there any cough, sneeze, chest rattles, or other respiratory symptoms? Any other chickens have any single or multiple scabs on combs or wattles?

She has had it for a few days and it's spreading fast. None of the other hens have it. I notice d when I got them she was sneezing a lot. The company I got them from said the sneezing was probably just from the vacancies. She is starting to get less activite then the rest of the hens. She is our favourite, she's the only hen that would walk up to my kids.

She has had it for a few days and it's spreading fast. None of the other hens have it. I notice d when I got them she was sneezing a lot. The company I got them from said the sneezing was probably just from the vacancies. She is starting to get less activite then the rest of the hens. She is our favourite, she's the only hen that would walk up to my kids.
Initially you didnt mention that she was sneezing a lot. Most likely it's a respiratory disease and will eventually spread to your other birds depending on incubation time of the particular disease in question. You can tell if it's coryza if there's a foul odor around the head area, otherwise I'd suspect it's mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG.)
I originally thought it was fowl pox due to the suspected albeit faded nodules on the side of her face.

What kind of vaccines did she have, and when did she get them? Were those given by a breeder? Most vaccines take several weeks to develop immunity.

Back
Top Bottom