please help

Very weird, sorry guys! I didn't have any of these responses, I swear, it's not easy using my cell for this. It didn't load y'alls responses, thank you do much for your help!

Very weird, sorry guys! I didn't have any of these responses, I swear, it's not easy using my cell for this. It didn't load y'alls responses, thank you do much for your help!

No worries. I was teasing. ♡ I, too, am challenged by this technology!

Keep us posted on her progress!

MrsB

Last edited:
Update

Hey y'all, I did what y'all suggested, she looked and acted great! No bleeding on vent, once cleaned up it was very swollen and bad looking but no prolapse. I called my poultry vet to see if I should bring her in. The vet said that it sounded like she was on the right track and to just use chlorhexidine solution, tylan, and cont. With what was suggested here.

HOWEVER, later in the day, she laid a egg and there was blood everywhere. Just like when I found her:( the egg looks normal to what she usually lays. Her name is Venus, 7 months old and she has been laying for a month now.

I feel bad for my girl:(

Update

Hey y'all, I did what y'all suggested, she looked and acted great! No bleeding on vent, once cleaned up it was very swollen and bad looking but no prolapse. I called my poultry vet to see if I should bring her in. The vet said that it sounded like she was on the right track and to just use chlorhexidine solution, tylan, and cont. With what was suggested here.

HOWEVER, later in the day, she laid a egg and there was blood everywhere. Just like when I found her:( the egg looks normal to what she usually lays. Her name is Venus, 7 months old and she has been laying for a month now.

I feel bad for my girl:(
Here is a little scientific experiment. If it isn't too cold where you are, and if it won't get you thrown out of the pool hall if you do.... paint your toe nails red, put on some sandals and stand quietly in your chicken coop. I will guarantee you that sooner or later (likely sooner) that your birds will try to eat the toenails right off of your tootsies. The color red does it for a chicken like a full moon does it for a weir wolf.

Back
Top Bottom