PLEASE HELP

kesslerallen

In the Brooder
May 18, 2015
1 of our first chicks died. Sunday we got two buff Orpingtons. Tuesday we got one barred rock. Now (thurday ) we came home to our sweet barred rock dead. She had green poop on her behind. I'm not sure if this was some sort of sickness or what. The buffs tail feathers are just coming in today and the barred rock was a little bit younger I think. Did they kill her? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure the other chicks don't get sick also.

It sounds like the chick died of a sickness. Watch the others carefully. Clean the area and sterilize the feeders and water dishes. Possibly supply a bit more heat, but make sure the chicks can get away from it. Watch for runny droppings and if you see any, I'd give them antibiotics.

It sounds like the chick died of a sickness.  Watch the others carefully.  Clean the area and sterilize the feeders and water dishes.  Possibly supply a bit more heat, but make sure the chicks can get away from it.  Watch for runny droppings and if you see any, I'd give them antibiotics.

I triple cleaned everything. I've been watching them and so far they seem like happy healthy chicks. Hopefully everything will work out now.

Back
Top Bottom