Please help!!

beckybogart89

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2015
Hi duck friends I'm in desperate need of help, I had two three month old ducks a male and female and when I checked them this morning to feed them my girl had passed away suddenly I have no idea what happened, my male is now standing over her quacking non stop. I either need a new female or a new good home for my male, I can't let him be alone I am afraid he is going to die from loneliness. I live in warrenton va. Please help!!

Hi duck friends I'm in desperate need of help, I had two three month old ducks a male and female and when I checked them this morning to feed them my girl had passed away suddenly I have no idea what happened, my male is now standing over her quacking non stop. I either need a new female or a new good home for my male, I can't let him be alone I am afraid he is going to die from loneliness. I live in warrenton va. Please help!!
So sorry for your loss. Have you checked craigslist? I have had good luck looking for ducks on there. Maybe you can check a feed store and see if anyone still has some or ask around there. You can also ask here on the where am I? Where are you? Forum under under your state. If you would rather rehome him you can there is the free rehoming forum on here as well. You also could try look for a lone male instead of a female. They are easier to find and my 2 boys did well together.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope by now you have buried you dead duck to protect your drake. I would go here maybe someone who lives close to you can help with either another female or a good forever home. and we also have a re homing thread and a buy sell trade thread here on BYC

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/992652/virginia#post_15434613

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions, I got three new companions for my boy and everyone likes each other and is doing great.

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions, I got three new companions for my boy and everyone likes each other and is doing great.
thumbsup.gif
Just what we like to hear . Please post pics when you can.

The group
smile.png
They are so pretty. I don't know where you are located but I hope you lock up your ducks at night for their own protection. that fencing will not keep out raccoons, mink, weasel and quite a few other predators. I would hate for you to loose your beautiful ducks to a pred. when it can be avoided.

Back
Top Bottom