Please I need help putting a hen back into my flock with a rooster?????

ann11e

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 4, 2014
Kent
Hi I had to foster out one of my hens for pecking a bit too much so while she was away for a month my other 3 hens and my roo was living together I brought her home and let them all in garden together and my roo was jumping and attacking her :( so I've separated them all again she's on her own and the others r back together so what I need to do I know how to introduce her back into the flock without my roo attacking her all the time do I take h away from the flock put her with the girls at night and hope they get on in morning and in a couple of days introduce my roo back in the main pen at night so when he wakes he has 4 girls and nOt just 3 or what I am at a loss please help as I'm scared on what to do :(

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

The best way to introduce her is to put her into a cage but keep her within the flock at all times. Everybody sees her, but nobody touches her. Leave her this way for several weeks. At that point you can reintroduce her. She should be fairly excepted. If one bird will just not let her alone, you either need to separate out the meanie or use pinless peepers on them. You may need to cage the meanie for a while so they are new to the flock as well later on. The cage is your friend. :)

Good luck and welcome to our flock!

Tell your hen that is what she gets for being bad. Now she knows how it feels to be picked on. Just kidding, I'm sure chickens have no conscience.
welcome-byc.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! TwoCrows gave you some good advice, the flock thinks of her as a stranger now, and it will take a few weeks to get her accepted again.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having re-introducing your hen.
hugs.gif
The above posters have given you some good advice. Good luck!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. TwoCrows has given you some good advice on re-introducing your hen to the flock I'll just say, please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in reintegrating your hen into your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom