Please identify these ducks for me..need help..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by momof247371, Jun 16, 2009.

1. momof247371

momof247371 Songster

Feb 18, 2009
    OK this first one is a call duck but can you tell me what color?..
    [​IMG]

i got these 2 ducks from a man and he told me they were pekins, obviously they are not, but, what are they?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know the pics arent the greatest, but didnt have time to take them earlier in the day..
    If anyone can give me any info on these , that would be great!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Snowy.
    [​IMG]

3. momof247371

momof247371 Songster

Feb 18, 2009
    My calls head is a silver color though, they arent tan looking like yours...

4. Chic-n-farmer

Well then, let's google some call duck sights and see what we come up with. [​IMG]

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    If they are around pekin size, those could very well be welsh harlequins or welsh harlequin crosses.

6. Chic-n-farmer

Okay, I give up. I still guess 'Snowy' which I have also seen listed as 'Silver'.

Maybe someone else will know. Either way, enjoy your new ducks!
    [​IMG]

7. momof247371

momof247371 Songster

Feb 18, 2009
    Yes they are a larger duck....One has come up missing, he kept gettin out and now we havnt been able to find him for a few days.. we had another duck go missing about 5 days ago and his mate is sitting on a nest...
    [​IMG]
    our neighbor called us the other evening while we were at our kids t-ball game and said a coyote was in the field right next to our house when he drove by.. i fenced the broody up becuase i know her mate prolly faught to his death defending her....

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh man. Sorry to hear that. I am in the process of making my pen more secure. I saw a hawk the other day and I live in a suburban neighborhood!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: