Please identify this breed, the one in the forefront.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jayepem92, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Jayepem92

Jayepem92 New Egg

Sep 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

2. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I think that's an Old English Game bird.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    It's a drawing that appears to have used a Golden Duckwing Old English Game rooster for its inspiration.

4. Yes, but the comb is wrong, and it is too heavy-set.

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree, but whoever drew it probably had no idea. They may have even been looking at one from a distance or from a photograph, or they have taken some artistic liberties. :eek:)

6. Jayepem92

Jayepem92 New Egg

Sep 26, 2014
    I posted this photo to find out what breed this is because I had a rooster that looked identical to this photo and to this day I have no idea what breed he was. Someone had given him to me before he was fully grown and then he got killed by a neighbors dog soon after all his beautiful plumage came in. He was full size (not a bantam) with the creamy feathers around his neck, he had royal blue feathers under those and beautiful teal green tail feathers. He also had a rosecomb. He was stalky not skinny like the Old English Game. I would like to buy another one if I could find out what breed.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  7. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Have you tried looking a chicken spreadsheets or even browsing hatcheries? Maybe they will have something.

8. Wanex

Wanex Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2014
    I would say he is a - duckwing welsummer- because of his chubby look, his yellow shanks, and probably the hen on the back, this breed was created by crossing a golden duckwing game and a welsummer. Anyway this breed is very rare. I hope it helped.

9. Wanex

Wanex Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2014
    A silver duckwing welsummer also fits the picture, although it could also be a mixed breed because of the rosecomb.

10. purplesquirrel

purplesquirrel Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2013
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    I had a Black jersey Giant x Welsummer that looks EXACTLY like this.
    Come, gold n all.x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by