Please keep my family in your thoughts...

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not a religious person at all, but the people who have been affected in my family are, so if you wish to pray, please feel free to do so!

All of a sudden, my family was hit with cancer multiple times. In the beginning of the summer my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer. THey thought it was only stage 2, but later realized it had spread to her bones and was actually stage 4. She's still doing ok, but its been hard for her whole family. Just recently, her mother was diagnosed with cancer and she's been going through the chemo. She's been pretty sick and has lost all her hair.

Yesterday, I was told my great aunt (Who we have always been very close with) was diagnosed with lung cancer. She has never smoked a day in her life. They still aren't sure how serious it is, but she will be starting chemo on monday or tuesday. Luckily, she has a lot of family to support her through this, but it will be a long road and will be very tough for her immediate family. Also, my grandmother (the sister of my great aunt) is taking this extremely hard, as she just lost her son (My uncle) unexpectedly about a year ago. I was there when the cops came to the door and it was hard on us all, but my grandmother especially. I'm hoping she has the strength to get through this new situation ok, but I know she has been depressed. We've been trying to do as much with her as possible, but my grandfather doesn't help at all. That's a whole other story in itself. He never does anything for himself.

So if you could just keep my family in your thoughts, I would appreciate. I am away at college for half the year, so I don't get to see people as much as I'd like during that time. I just hope everyone stays healthy or is on the road to recovery.

33499_202_animated_person_praying.gif

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that. Saying prayers and sending good thoughts that all your family members have the strength to endure what they will be in the future and the fight to be their cancer.
hugs.gif

Hi -

Good thoughts flowing your way ....

My mother was diagnosed with colorectal cancer 1-1/2 years ago at the age of 79. She went through chemo and radiation. It was hard on her, too, but she is now cancer-free and feeling great!

Hopefully your family will come through this with flying colors, too.

It must be hard on you not being there. Take care of yourself and try not to worry too much. Cancer is not the automatic death sentence it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom