Please let it all go smoothly.... *Success!

bt03

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Over the rainbow...
Yesterday my baby turned ten
hit.gif
celebrate.gif
She is my one and only so we do a lot for her when it comes so big number birthdays. This year she decided she wants to have a small party with everyone then a slumber party with the girls at the end of the night. My husband invited his niece to the party
he.gif
Lord please let me get through the night without strangling her and without her embarrassing my daughter
fl.gif
She is a spoiled, loud, obnoxious, mess. Her parents don't dicipline her at all because she cries to get her way even though she is 9 now. She still sucks her thumb
sickbyc.gif
with loud slurping sounds and lies often to get my daughter in trouble. She has actually been caught telling lies straight to my husbands face. She told him that my daughter bit her (she never even bit as a baby) so hard she cut her. Luckily the little girl has a very distinct tooth pattern because of her excessive thumb sucking and you could plainly tell that she bit herself to make the story credible. She lives an hour away and I hope that we can make it through the night with my daughter still having friends at the end of it. Did I also mention he invited his nephews to the everyone party? Now I have to lock all of the chickens and ducks in their coops and hide the cats so that none of the mysteriously disappear into a cooler for weeks like their pets have
barnie.gif
Lord please help me make it through this party with my sanity and marriage intact...

Last edited:
I would inform the husband that it will be his responsibility to make sure those that he invited maintain their manners. Good luck, it sounds like your going to have a long day. I hope it goes smoothly for your child and she enjoys her party.

Can't the nasty niece go home at the end of the day too?!
hide.gif
And I agree, hubby gets to supervise those he invites, especially if they are known to pull nasty little tricks like you mentioned.

Having other people's kids over, whether they are family or not, is always trying but these kids sound like a real handful. I'd for sure have a little "before we get started..." meeting as soon as everyone arrives about house rules and rules re the animals.

Good luck, hope you and your daughter both enjoy the day. Take a couple aspirin first!
smile.png

I'm really hoping she will decide to go home at the end of the everyone party, cafarmgirl! Elite Silkies- I think I will have to let him know he is responsible for making sure they maintain manners. I try to do a lot and be super-wife & mom but I think super-mom will work for the day and he can be super-husband and control his guests.

Hey and good luck with the new pup! I didn't realize you were also the one who posted about the rabbit/guina pig decision! Just caught up on that thread too. Maybe the bunny can be for her 11th bday!
lol.png

We are so excited and getting ready for it and we don't get it for 2 1/2 more weeks! that really made for a good birthday and the bunny will still come.... There is always Christmas
wink.png

Success! The party went great and my baby only had to deal with 2 embarrassing moments. She got lots of things she didn't know she wanted and stayed up till 2 AM
tongue.png
But now my baby is 10
hit.gif

Quote:
My daughter turned really red at both times and my husband had to have a word with his niece's parents and make them take her out of the room both times. The first was a throw herself on the floor tantrum because everyone else got more candy/cake/ice cream/ attention. The second was a very loud and continuing speech about how me and my husband must be poor because my daughter didn't get near as many presents as she did for her birthday.

I talked to my daughter after the party and she was upset most about the present thing. Her feelings were hurt because she got most of her presents on her birthday and she didn't want people to make fun of me & her dad for not having tons of money. She made me cry because she really is a good kid, she handled both situations like a grown up and didn't throw a tantrum but just walked away until she was calm enough to come back and not be fussy about what happened.

Back
Top Bottom