pic 3-maybe a white rock
pic 4-silver laced cochin
pic 5-RIR roo
pic 6-light brahma
pic 7-silver laced wyandottee roo
pic 8-maybe a amber link
pic 9-light brahma
pic 10-barred rock roo
pic 11-golden comet/red sex link/ cinnamion queen (each hatchery kind of gives them there own name)
pic 12-
pic 13- brown leghorn
pic 14-maybe amber link
pic 15-skip
pic 16-brown leghorn
pic 17-maybe amber link
pic 18-maybe amber link
pic 19-silver laced wyandottee roo
pic 20-
pic 21-light brahma
pic 22-silver laced wyandottee roo
pic 23-maybe amber link

900x900px-LL-05f340b3_image.jpeg

At first I was thinking she was maybe a very poorly feathered wyandotte, but the comb is different maybe a mix? The reason she is all puffed up and won't get of her nest is because she is broody. You can break her from being broody by: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/05/broody-breaker-when-hens-mood-to-hatch.html

thanks to everyone for the help. They will be 6 months old Sept 8th. We are getting about 6-8 eggs a day right now and several look close to being ready. We love to sit and watch them play it is so comical at times.

I have to choose a rooster to keep for my girls. As you can see on my profile of my chicken pics I have 4 roosters and 19 hens. I would keep them all but I'm afraid the RIR is going to kill the little Silkie rooster. I can separate the Silkies if I should they have separate housing already but when they free range the RIR finds him and picks on him bad! The Silver Laced Cochin is very friendly to all and the Barred Rock is just a touch under the RIR as far as meanest. So please help me decide. :idunno

I have to choose a rooster to keep for my girls. As you can see on my profile of my chicken pics I have 4 roosters and 19 hens. I would keep them all but I'm afraid the RIR is going to kill the little Silkie rooster. I can separate the Silkies if I should they have separate housing already but when they free range the RIR finds him and picks on him bad! The Silver Laced Cochin is very friendly to all and the Barred Rock is just a touch under the RIR as far as meanest. So please help me decide.
idunno.gif

I would keep the silver laced cochin and silkie. By the way you described them it sounds like they could live in harmony. Do they get along?

Back
Top Bottom