Please please help!

FourteenChicks

Songster
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Playing with my labrador puppy!
My young rooster is sick and I don't know how to help him. He is living with four little hens all from the same place except one. They are all healthy it's just Dudley. He is inside with a little bit of water
Please help

Inspect Dudley for external parasites especially around the vent area where it's warm and moist. He also may need to be wormed. Are there any respiratory symptoms such as sneezing, bubbly eyes, gurgling, head shaking, wheezing? What's his poop look like...color and consistancy?

Inspect Dudley for external parasites especially around the vent area where it's warm and moist. He also may need to be wormed. Are there any respiratory symptoms such as sneezing, bubbly eyes, gurgling, head shaking, wheezing?  What's his poop look like...color and consistancy?

He keeps shaking his head and his poop is very runny and white in the middle (sorry for this description but when I saw it it looked like white cheese
1f637.png
)

Quote: Shaking his head could be mites (you really need to give him a close visual inspection.) Head shaking could also mean a respiratory disease. However respiratory diseases can easily spread to other birds and you havnt mentioned any problems with your other birds.
Runny poop as you described could mean worms or an ecoli bacterial infection. I'm leaning towards worms. If you can get flubenvet or combatrin, either would be a good choice for worming if available, or check with a veterinarian what's available.

Shaking his head could be mites (you really need to give him a close visual inspection.) Head shaking could also mean a respiratory disease. However respiratory diseases can easily spread to other birds and you havnt mentioned any problems with your other birds.
Runny poop as you described could mean worms or an ecoli bacterial infection. I'm leaning towards worms. If you can get flubenvet or combatrin, either would be a good choice for worming if available, or check with a veterinarian what's available.

Ok I'll check him now thanks

Shaking his head could be mites (you really need to give him a close visual inspection.) Head shaking could also mean a respiratory disease. However respiratory diseases can easily spread to other birds and you havnt mentioned any problems with your other birds.

Ok I'll check him now thanks

Back
Top Bottom