Please post pics of EE X WHITELEGHORNS?

KWAK

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
Please post pics of your EEx whiteleghorn cross or EE x Bufforpington cross?
i have a bunch of eggs in the bator of those cross any ideas on what they will look like?
Dad :
22254_r_032.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my F1 EE roo over white leghorn girls result in splash birds. They are white, with/without cheeks and have black and grey feather splotches. They also have green legs.

They are prolific layers of light blue eggs.

The fun happens when you take the F1 progeny and line breed them back to their EE father. The color varieties that result are amazing! You still get very good layers but depending on your roo's genetics, you can also get half homozygous blue egg layers.

Quote:
Correct, as white leghorns have, Barring, Mottling, Blue and lots of other genes...
cool.png

Isn't it amazing what can result genetically in just a generation? I love the colored lawn ornaments!
smile.png

Do you have any pics of them?
I am deffinatly going to breed them back to their father, that sounds so wrong!

I have some pics of my nearly 12 week olds. Parents were: White Leghorn roo, EE hen. When I first announced I gave my broody these eggs on the EE Braggers Thread I was warned that yellow legs tended to indicate cockerels and green legs indicated pullets. Both of mine were hatched with yellow legs and both are indeed cockerels.
IMG_0792copy.jpg
as new hatches
IMG_1153copy.jpg
3 1/2 weeks old
IMG_1778copy.jpg
10 1/2 weeks old
Today
IMG_1816copy.jpg
Jr Dude
IMG_1803copy.jpg
Jr Dude up close. The other side of his comb has bigger side sprigs. He had a couple flecks of grey feathers as a fuzzy. Those feathers are just now showing up. You can barely see the black one through the white on his wing and the brown streak on the left is another. Only 2 so far.
IMG_1811copy.jpg
Mo's comb. I love his comb it's like a crown. No colored feathers on this boy.

Back
Top Bottom