please post some pics of your peacocks

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by birdboy508, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Bigcreekpeafowl

Bigcreekpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    WOW, some gorgeous peafowl and some great photography. I am impressed!
    It takes a while to load this thread but the wait is worth it.
    I will add a few of our favorites from our current flock.
    Pretty Boy, BS Silver Pied
    [​IMG]
    Abby (who was named at two days old b4 we knew his sex) a Pretty Boy son
    [​IMG]

Smokey, Charcoal white eye, he is awesome and he knows it. A wonderful, big boned charcoal!
    [​IMG]

BS Silver pied chicks
    [​IMG]

Harold, Bronze white eye
    [​IMG]

Tonga, Java girl
    [​IMG]

Stryker, IB split to Bronze
    [​IMG]

Abby again, notice his heart shaped eyes in the tail. Like his father the Pretty Boy.
    [​IMG]

Cammer Man, Cameo white eye
    [​IMG]

Pearl, showing off that Girls can strutt their stuff too. White split to BS Silver Pied
    [​IMG]

David, 2 year old BS Midnight. He is just getting better, gorgeous color.
    [​IMG]

Cain a BS Bronze male doing what he does best with the Bronze Girls.
    [​IMG]

Vincent, Peach White Eye. Photo of him at 2. Only photo I have of him on my phone. You ought to see him now. WOW.
    [​IMG]

Smokey, Charcoal white eye. I can't stop looking at him. Did I say I am crazy about this guy?
    [​IMG]

Sugar and Spice, two young hens from our Bronze pen
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Wow, all the pictures shared are wonderful [​IMG]

3. Resolution

Resolution Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't get over the white eyes. I never wanted to like them-altering the ocelli seemed sacrilegious. But these are such amazing specimens. I can't get over it.

4. featherhead

featherhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Kentucky, USA
    Moonshine
    [​IMG]

5. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    these r some beautiful birds

6. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    [​IMG] Wow, just wow. Amazing birds, fabulous pics everyone!!! I am so totally in awe [​IMG]

I'm a complete newbie to Peafowl, but already addicted. I started with 2 precious little 2day old IB Peachicks back in May (they are now 6 1/2 months old and are both Hens), and I just recently got them a handsome boyfriend to grow up with (YAY!!!) He's older than they are, but still young. They've already bonded [​IMG]

I am used to nothing but crazy skitzo Guineas and a silly Wild Turkey that thinks it's a Guinea, so I am completely smitten with the beauty, elegance and tranquility of Peafowl... I want about 100 more!!! (Anybody want about 200 Guineas, CHEAP? [​IMG] I need the coop/pen space!!!)

Here's some pics of my baby girls from the time I got them 'til they were moved out to their coop/pen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's some recent pics of the girls and their handsome man... my poor old camera sucks, and I had to use the flash... so unfortunately these pics do not even come close to capturing the true colors [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry if I posted too many pics... bad habit of mine!!! [​IMG]

I just got another IB Hen this afternoon (I think she's an IB anyway... it's possible she's got a little spalding in her), but she's far from pic-worthy at this point. It's been raining for a couple days and she's been a free ranger for over a year, so needless to say she looks a little rough, but her eyes are bright and she's very alert (and scared to death). I have her in my quarantine pen with some good grub, electrolytes/vitamins and a heat lamp. Hopefully she'll preen herself up and look better in a day or so and I can get some good pics of her [​IMG]

ETA: A few better pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Newest Hen (yah, she looks rough right now, cuz she is [​IMG] Just got her, she's been free range/completely feral for at least a couple yrs I think:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  7. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Beautiful peas you all have ,thanks for sharing... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    [​IMG] that last pic is so cute! i think you'll be sure it is a male with that pic at such a young age!

9. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Awesome pics Zaz, as always!!! The handsome guy kickin' back in the sun especially made me chuckle and the lil peachick displaying and struttin' his stuff is completely adorable, amazing shot!!!

10. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Very nice pictures everybody. [​IMG]

This is my 3 1/2 month old peacock-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a peahen of the same age. Also have 4 older whites, and a silver pied. I will post the pictures here as soon my sister-in-law emails me more pictures that she took of my birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by