Please post some pictures of these breeds of birds!

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
Why... hello! Lol. I am looking for pictures from some specific breeds and some information and some of your personal experiences of these birds.

1. Buff Orpingtons
2. Silician Buttercups
3. Red Shouldered Yokohamas
4. Malays
5. Russian Spangled Orloffs

& this is a breed I don't own, but I am working on finding some eggs from them and I would like information on them. So:
6. Tolbunt Polish

Thank you so much and if you know of any breeders who currently sell tolbunt polish eggs that would be fantastic!

I dont know if you saw pics of my babies but I will try to get some pics on the laptop tomorrow.
in my personal experience with the buff orps. they are sweet, gentle and lovable. very adorable and I dont have one thats aggressive

This is my teenager Buff roo.......I find all of my buff's to be friendly and calm.........the roo is much nicer than other roo's I have owned...........great egg layers too.The hens that is
wink.png

pumpkin025.jpg

Last edited:
Well, Malay's are some big ol giant orientals, and are game. You can't keep them with other chickens, just in case you didn't realize this. I have Saipans, which are darn near the same thing, except they get bigger, and aren't quite as game. My avatar is a Saipan, even though it isn't the best of pics...lol. He normally stands very upright, but wouldn't for his snapshot! He is around 2 1/2 feet tall right now and around 10 lbs, and he still has some growing to do.

Thanks CUDA. Lol I figured I'd have to keep them seperate from other birds. I was thinking I'd keep 1 roo with 2 hens in one pen, and 1 roo with 1 hen in the other pen... just so all the roos are satisfied and the eggs are kept fertile. I'm just hoping they wont get too aggressive!

CUDA: Is the flight pen you showed me awhile back, is that for malays? Because there is a smaller looking bird in it. That is an excellent looking pen by the way
wink.png

Actually, I have my Saipan's in that pen right now, one cock, and 3 hens. I had them in with my turkeys, but the turkeys kept pulling feathers off my hens. You do understand that if you have the Malay's, you won't be able to free range any other roosters unless you have something around the bottom of the pens like on mine. If you try it, you will end up losing some birds from pen fighting. Trust me on that...lol One other thing, once you go oriental, you will want more. They are some of the smartest, charismatic birds out there. You just have to have patience though, they grow really slow, and need a high protein diet, plus they eat way more than other fowl. BTW, they should not get aggressive to you, but will kill other roosters. Good luck!

Last edited:
This is Evil Chicken, he got that name bc as a wee bitty chicks he always tried to peck my hand to pieces. He a pretty mellow fella now though.
302408200.jpg

302408204.jpg

302408196.jpg

As a baby:
308944925.jpg

Young Evil
308944928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom