Please pray!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by S*T*A*R, Jul 30, 2011.

1. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm pretty sure this blog topic is for diseases about chickens, but I need prayer for my friend, with a human disease. I need tons of prayer for my friend, Taylor. She is anorexic. She's trying to live on 500 calories a day. Last night, she collapsed at her youth group. She's 86lbs and she's 5'4". She doesn't understand the severity of the situation. She says she doesn't even care if she dies, she cares if she's thin. Statistics show that over 300 people die every day because of eating disorders. That amounts to over 15000 deaths a year from eating disorders alone. She needs prayer!! Her family is very concerned. Please pray for her family, and her twin sister. I have a twin sister myself, and I cannot imagine the pain if I lost her. Please pray that the Lord will knock some sense into her! Her mom says she celebrates when she finds another bone sticking out.... this illness has affected her thinking! Please please please pray that she'll understand that this isn't right. Please pray that the Lord will choose someone to guide her in the right direction, and that she doesn't end up dead. [​IMG] Please let her twin sister be her strength. The power of prayer never hurts!
    Thanks,
    S*T*A*R

2. CariLynn

CariLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    State of confusion
    What she needs more than prayer, and yes, I am a Christian, is parental intervention. Since she isn't of age to make her own decisions, her parents need to get her to a hospital and have her admitted so she can get an evaluation and the doctors see what she is doing and help her. She also needs an eating disorder doctor and/or counselor talk to her about her destructive behavior is going to eventually kill her and a stay in a clinic till she can start turning her life around. It is going to be very hard, I don't wish this illness on anyone. Good luck.

3. monkeemakr

monkeemakr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Swansea, SC
    Praying for your friend Starr. she does need help too. And she's blessed to have a friend like you up in the middle of the night asking prayer for her. Please update.If we care about our chicks, we should care about your friend.

4. boxermom&nowchicks

boxermom&nowchicks Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2011
    Cold Spring, KY
    I agree with what monkeemakr says - prayers and hugs to you and your friend.

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] and [​IMG] that your friend gets the help she needs.

6. S*T*A*R

Oct 3, 2010
    Quote:My mom did send Taylor's mom an email saying that she needs to take her to the hospital and get professional help - hopefully she'll get enough emails from people telling her the same thing and do it!

7. S*T*A*R

Oct 3, 2010
    Thanks guys [​IMG]

8. S*T*A*R

Oct 3, 2010
    If anyone wants to learn more about eating disorders, than you should go to the Adobe Youth Voices website, type in Eating Disorders, and watch the video. This video was made by a highschool, and I think it's very good [​IMG]

9. English Teacher

English Teacher Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    I am praying right now for your friend. Her parents need to get her to a hospital immediately.

10. S*T*A*R

Oct 3, 2010
    Quote:I agree, but her parents aren't making her go to the hospital because she says she doesn't wanna go!! I mean really?! Just MAKE her go to the hospital! She's really messed up right now, she says she doesn't wanna get better. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by