PLEASE READ Northern fowl mites on newborns

Poultry mites live and feed on poultry. They won't be all over your house, thankfully. They will probably be taken care of now with the neem oil. In the future, permethrin is the product of choice as it's safe for birds and very, very easy to apply. It's just not safe for cats, if that's a concern.

There are times folks don't get answers on these fora. There are soooo many posts that some get buried. Many of us make a concerted effort to answer those that haven't gotten responses, but, for me, I'm dealing with several problems in my own flock that require A LOT of time. And I just found out I have strep throat. And I work (though not today, unfortunately). It's frustrating, but it happens.
I totally understand. I apoligise if I implied anything as that was not my intent. I was just frustrated I'm sorry that obviously bled though in the post. Thankfully all is well now so no harm done. Thank you

Just thought I'd share these pics of the 2 that are out. They aren't shy at all and seem to think I am momma. I love how the neem oil made my swedish flower look like a balding old man. Cracks me up

Attachments

• 20220711_223456.jpg
    20220711_223456.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220711_223405.jpg
    20220711_223405.jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom