Please show off and tell us about your crested birds

Hi All,

I love my crested bantams. They bring humour, lots of entertainment, are fab company and produce the tastiest eggs. They are a completely unique flock, and in a country where crested birds are very uncommon, they attract quite a bit of attention to all who visit.

With my lack of knowledge and a total lack of 'eye' when it came to determining what breed they could be, I mistakenly thought they were sulmtalers. Turns out, after liasing with a sulmtaler breeder, it's just the colouring that's similar and the fact that they're crested. They are just a happy result of a good mix. Suspecting they have Silkie in their heritage.

They come in wheaten black, wheaten blue and self white.. working on sport next🤞

I would love to see and hear about your crested flock.. any nuances and interesting habits etc.. please let's have them🙏😏
Nice birds!

Can I ask, which country are you from. Looks really pretty.
That grass is the sort of stuff they get in South Africa and such places.

Hi ! Im new to silkies but bought a blue and two lavendar splash and Im madly in love with my silkie chickens! They are gentle, cute and love to be held. My babies are still growing so it be intetesting to see how they look once they mature. I no clue if I have hens and roosters or all of one sex!

Attachments

• 20210919_173903.jpg
    20210919_173903.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210729_182212.jpg
    20210729_182212.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210729_182209.jpg
    20210729_182209.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210729_182207.jpg
    20210729_182207.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210729_182120.jpg
    20210729_182120.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210729_182007.jpg
    20210729_182007.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 3
Hi All,

I love my crested bantams. They bring humour, lots of entertainment, are fab company and produce the tastiest eggs. They are a completely unique flock, and in a country where crested birds are very uncommon, they attract quite a bit of attention to all who visit.

With my lack of knowledge and a total lack of 'eye' when it came to determining what breed they could be, I mistakenly thought they were sulmtalers. Turns out, after liasing with a sulmtaler breeder, it's just the colouring that's similar and the fact that they're crested. They are just a happy result of a good mix. Suspecting they have Silkie in their heritage.

They come in wheaten black, wheaten blue and self white.. working on sport next🤞

I would love to see and hear about your crested flock.. any nuances and interesting habits etc.. please let's have them🙏😏
Your chickens are so cute! Here is my crested bird!

1632109020311.png

This is Henri my crested cream legbar hen. She used to be "delayed" as a baby and she wouldn't scratch or go outside as a baby. We would try to push her outside and she would run right back in. Her nails were super long(and still kinda are)as a baby since she wouldn't scratch. She also has a bad eye(see below).
view

Now she is the sassiest, naughtiest bird we own and will scratch! I don't know if she can see out of her bad eye but she does fine! :D

Hi ! Im new to silkies but bought a blue and two lavendar splash and Im madly in love with my silkie chickens! They are gentle, cute and love to be held. My babies are still growing so it be intetesting to see how they look once they mature. I no clue if I have hens and roosters or all of one sex!
Awwww😍 They are gorgeous. Love the colours. Mine also love a bit of affection.. it's heart meltingly adorable. Do show us pics when they've grown up, I'm interested to see too😆 and sorry, but I definitely cannot help you with their genders. I'm clueless on sexing young silkies🤦‍♀️ Enjoy them.. super cute floofs 🥰

Your chickens are so cute! Here is my crested bird!

1632109020311.png

This is Henri my crested cream legbar hen. She used to be "delayed" as a baby and she wouldn't scratch or go outside as a baby. We would try to push her outside and she would run right back in. Her nails were super long(and still kinda are)as a baby since she wouldn't scratch. She also has a bad eye(see below).
view

Now she is the sassiest, naughtiest bird we own and will scratch! I don't know if she can see out of her bad eye but she does fine! :D
Cute.. I do love these birds eggs. Henri is lovely, thank you for sharing🥰 I love the ylb's little crests and wibbly wickle combs. Regarding her eye, I don't know what is wrong or what happened to it, but whenever my birds have anything out of the ordinary regarding eyes or external injuries, I immediately dispense colloidal (nano) silver. I keep it in a dropper for eyes, but it works well to drop onto any cuts and scrapes. Miraculous stuff whether it's bacteria, viral or fungal.. CS kills it stone dead.. it is also soothes inflammation, irritation and will wash out any debris. Give it a try on Henri, it may help, won't hurt 😉

Cute.. I do love these birds eggs. Henri is lovely, thank you for sharing🥰 I love the ylb's little crests and wibbly wickle combs. Regarding her eye, I don't know what is wrong or what happened to it, but whenever my birds have anything out of the ordinary regarding eyes or external injuries, I immediately dispense colloidal (nano) silver. I keep it in a dropper for eyes, but it works well to drop onto any cuts and scrapes. Miraculous stuff whether it's bacteria, viral or fungal.. CS kills it stone dead.. it is also soothes inflammation, irritation and will wash out any debris. Give it a try on Henri, it may help, won't hurt 😉
Yeah I think Henri's eye is just some kind of disorder cause she has had that all her life. But thank you for the advice. 🥰 Yeah I love her eggs! They are such a pretty color of blue.❤️

Thank you very much 😊 I'm in Zimbabwe 🇿🇼.. so you are so close.. a little north of South Africa 🇿🇦
Oh wow! I thought it looked a bit like Africa. Very pretty country.
My mum came from South Africa, Krugersdorp, so I know a little bit about SA.
I am from England.

My maths teacher when I was still at school came from Zimbabwe 😄 so yeh..

Back
Top Bottom