Please take a guess as to what these are...Update on info post # 18

NYRIR

Crowing
13 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
I bought some 2 year old hens from a young girl and she was selling them as BO's...they cannot be since the bills are so dark and the color is so light. The grey one is a runner x ....I'm wondering if the other 2 are as well? What do you think? They are a little rough looking right now I think due to being free-ranged and I believe they are molting.She only had 2 Cayugas, a white Crested and these girls that I saw. There were no drakes.

The light ones are the ones in question....aren't they cute
smile.png

57454_new_hens_2011_004.jpg

Last edited:
The light one in the foreground and the darker duck in the background look like they are half runner to me. The shape of the head, the posture....not all runner, but my guess would be part.

Hmmm... I have some F&W runner drakes but they have much lighter bills...wonder what they would be crossed with?
Here's one of my runner drakes...

57454_summer2011_074.jpg

Quote:
Thank you, I think so too. Which is why I went ahead and bought them.I was really looking for BO hens though because I bought 4 BO ducklings this year and ALL 4 are drakes!
he.gif

Quote:
Hmm... that's a thought
smile.png
I have no idea what she has had in the past so it could be. Don't the WH's have a dark bill? I love that breed...they are gorgeous
smile.png

Seems like a real possibility there though don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom