Please take a moment to help an urban chicken group change the rules!

sjmjrgkmg

Songster
11 Years
May 10, 2009
Hi folks,
I live in a medium-sized city in NYS, and we are having trouble with our city government raising our fees to what we consider an unreasonable amount. It used to be $37 annually, and two years ago they bumped it up to $75 per year - which makes it very difficult to keep a small backyard flock, in terms of cost/benefit. A group of us want to go before city council with some facts and figures about license fees in other cities and towns around the country. Could you help us out with a quick post stating: a) where you live, and b) what, if any, the annual license fee is in your city or town. It would be so helpful to get a wide survey of regs from around the country! Thank you for your help.

Hi folks,
I live in a medium-sized city in NYS, and we are having trouble with our city government raising our fees to what we consider an unreasonable amount. It used to be $37 annually, and two years ago they bumped it up to $75 per year - which makes it very difficult to keep a small backyard flock, in terms of cost/benefit. A group of us want to go before city council with some facts and figures about license fees in other cities and towns around the country. Could you help us out with a quick post stating: a) where you live, and b) what, if any, the annual license fee is in your city or town. It would be so helpful to get a wide survey of regs from around the country! Thank you for your help.
I live in Merrimac Ma and I don’t have any license for my backyard chickens.. never asked! Seems absurd to have to do so. What the hells that for ? So ridiculous!

I've lived in Honolulu HI, Redding CA, and now Molalla and Scotts Mills OR and not a single one of them have charged a fee for keeping backyard flocks. They have imposed limits on how many hens and roosters you could keep but there was never a licensing fee.

Hi folks,
Hi from Missouri...within city limits, no roosters/limit of 15 hens, no licenses or fees required.

Back
Top Bottom