Please tell me my Cochin is a SHE!

Quote:
LOL, I was going to clarify not tell me a she because I want to hear it!

Chickadee--Lookin' kinda boyish. I must say, those photos are wonderful! I soooo need a better camera. (And more talent behind the lens.... )

Thanks, I'm a photographer. That's my Canon 40D with a 28-135 IS lense. LOVE that lense.

It looks like a little cockerel to me too, but I will say this- hang on a bit longer because you never can tell. I hatched standard cochin eggs from a BYCer last Fall, and then put 'em up here at about 7 weeks too for a gender check. There was one that I and everyone else on here though had to be a boy- big wattles and very red at 7 weeks, but 'he' just laid his first egg! I actually ended up with all girls from that hatch, which was crazy...but I throw out a little hope...

I say thats a little boy!
sad.png

And those are WONDERFUL pics, by the way. And you have a great camera!

I also had an australorp last year that I would have sworn was a roo until she was several months old. Then she started looking more like a girl and squatting.... Turns out, she's truly all girl. But she still has a big comb and wattles compared to the other ladies.

I, too, had one with a mondo comb and wattles who was bossy and acted like she wanted to kick everyone, and she is my best layer! Started off tiny and slow to develop, too, and so many things say some roos develop that way, I was really worried. It's possible you might have better luck than you expect!

Back
Top Bottom