Please tell me that me and my sister where imagining it...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cats Critters, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

And there was no crowing coming from my room this morning, where I'm housing my three new female bantam cochins. [​IMG]

So anyway to was a baby sissy crow and I think it was from one of the younger two

The Buff one (I really need to name them) who is about 13 months old and I'm almost 100% positive she is female, she was broody for her former owner:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The black and white mottled about 3 months old, who is my main suspect due to his redder comb and the fact I've been calling "her" a he on accident since I got them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pretty little white one, also 3 months and I think a pullet and not the crower:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So what are you thinking?

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Well, the buff and the white look like pullets for sure, so it must be the Mottled one. However, it doesn't look very "roosterish" to me.

3. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I'd say it's the mottled, though usually by 3 months Roos are very evident with bantam Cochins.

4. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    Quote:But if you look at the mottled ones comb compared to the white one, he is the roo.

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I'm hoping that it was just a weird sound from him/her, but it happened at least 2 times and sounded a lot like when my full size roosters started crowing. I'll everyone know how it develops and if there is anymore crowing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by