Please tell me there is a better way to remove

I use one of those tools that has the rotating teeth underneath to help put little punctures in the wallpaper. Then I use dishsoap and water in a spray bottle and saturate it using a putty knife to remove it. I used to use the real expensive wallpaper remover spray stuff, but that was WAAAAAAY too expensive and the dishsoap/water mix was actually better. Good luck!!

Fabric softner and water mix will work also, plus if you have a teen who has some pent up energy and wants to be destructuve.

My daughter was very mad one day and I told her to obliterate the wallpaper in her room to get over it - didn't even seem like a chore to her
wink.png

Spend the money to rent the steamer. Seriously. I have pulled more wallpaper than I care to talk about and it is totally worth the money. The gel stuff works okay. The thing with teeth will punch holes in the drywall if you aren't really careful. The steamer makes the glue just melt and it pulls right off. I cannot sing the praises of the steamer enough.

Along the same thread, if you ask my young nieces ( ages 5 and 7) why you have to be nice to your sister, they will dutifully repeat "Because they are the only people who love you enough to help you strip wallpaper when you are older".
smile.png

We had the same problem, and spent over 3 hours in a bedroom. But, we had the cheap spray; as soon as we upgraded, it took like a half hour for more of the same! What you need to look for is the purple stuff that looks like gel; it's worth the extra $2.00!!!

Back
Top Bottom