PLEASE tell me there is still a chance one of these can be a girl?!?!

mamaof2wi

Songster
6 Years
May 11, 2016
West Central Wisconsin
My ducks are 7 weeks old and still no idea if it is a girl or a boy. I am guessing being they are not quacking by now they are both boys? :(

Moe at 6 weeks and then 7 weeks

Pickles at 6 weeks and then 7 weeks

SO hoping one of these are a girl. I have 2 cayugas that are. Being i read that you need 1 drake to every 3 ducks I am hoping one of these are a girl so I do not have to add to my flock.

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like they're still making baby noises, they don't sound like drakes yet if they are. So I would think there is still hope! I don't remember when my girls started quacking, but having only raised 3 ducklings (2 hens and 1 drake) I'm very inexperienced with that. Hopefully someone who's raised more ducks can chime in!
Good luck, I hope one of them is a hen!

Quick edit just to add, I tried to look it up a bit, it sounds like usually they get their quack around 4-6 weeks, but it can be as late as 10, with one person even saying they had a girl who made baby sounds until 14 weeks!

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like they're still making baby noises, they don't sound like drakes yet if they are. So I would think there is still hope! I don't remember when my girls started quacking, but having only raised 3 ducklings (2 hens and 1 drake) I'm very inexperienced with that. Hopefully someone who's raised more ducks can chime in!
Good luck, I hope one of them is a hen!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post!!! oh and giving me hope yet :) haha

One of our ducks has bulging eye. We don't know if is a male that hurt her or not.I started using Vetericyn. I love the stuff.npw I just have taken wait and see.a wonderful product.

I have a drake of the same breed and both of them sound like him when he was young. When he got that age he just got more and more hoarse until he didn't make a sound for awhile. I hope I'm wrong!

Back
Top Bottom