Please tell me what these bantams are.

jengro65

Songster
10 Years
Jul 16, 2011
Morgantown, WV
I bought 12 bantams from the assorted bin at tractor supply several weeks ago. Below are 3 boys(???) that I can't identify. Sorry about picture quality but these little fellas are quick and totally camera shy! (2 pics of each)
#1 He looked like a little brown chipmunk when i got him but now he's feathering out a lovely dark blue. He's also fearless despite his small size.

#2 At first I thought he and his sisters were silkies but now the pretty feathers have grown in. Has 5 toes and feathered legs.

#3 tiniest chick I ever saw. Was yellow but now feathers are white
and peach. Also has rose comb and dark legs. He's already crowing and sounds like my dogs squeaky toy

I don't know much about chickens yet but I'd guess that #1 is a easter egger and #2 is a silkie, have no idea about the third, and they have wattles so I'm pretty sure they are all boys.

#2 looks like a Sultan to me. They have 5 toes as do silkies. One of my chicks I briefly suspected was a Sultan but quickly realized otherwise as she does not have the leg feathers that both your chicken and Sultans do, nor does she have 5 toes. I am unsure of the other two you have but hope that helps with the one!

I was thinking Sultan too but since I have no experience with this breed I thought I'd ask you all. At first I thought the third chick was a red Pyle OEGB but he has a rose comb and I thought that breed had a single comb??

good luck with identifying your chicks from Tractor Supply. I have 6 from there ALL different breeds, the only one I really know what it is, is a Frizzle cochin. he is pretty & quite amazing.

good luck with identifying your chicks from Tractor Supply. I have 6 from there ALL different breeds, the only one I really know  what it is, is a Frizzle cochin. he is pretty & quite amazing.

LOL it's driving my crazy trying to figure out what the are. So far I've got 2 Cochins, a gorgeous blue silkie, a few OEGB and the mystery boys above.

Back
Top Bottom