please tell me your chickens names.

The grandkids all named mine

Princess Goldy (We just call her princess) RIR
Winnie GLW
Dotty speckled sussex
Roxy Barred Rock
Elizabeth either a white australorp or an austra white
Tinker Bell New Jersey Giant (She was very tiny and sickly, lol, she's not any more)

Vic Mackey---my Partridge Rock rooster
Gemma---Golden Laced Wyandotte
Maria--Partridge Rock
Comet--Silver Laced Wyandotte
Jupiter--Black Australorp
Blizzard--Silver Laced Wyandotte
Flames--Golden Laced Wyandotte
Jet--Black Australorp
big_smile.png

Last edited:
We named our first two pairs of pullets after our grandmothers and their best friends. My grandmother and pal: Lupe & Lucy. My husbands grandmother and pal: Hazel & Dorothy. We had a 5th chick that turned out to be a roo. He was truly the tiniest of the 5 so we named him Tiny with no aim towards irony. He is now a behemoth of a Wyandotte rooster. I love Tiny.

We just added another three and I named them after an elderly woman that I once lived with and her sister: Josephine (Jo) and Rose. The third we are calling Sugar because she is a Delaware and will be a sweet white hen in no time at all.

First we got Milly & Heather, named them partially so my mum would remember who was who and that "heather has the feathers (on her feet)"

Recently I got Echo and Ebony, Ebony because she is dinky and suited it. Echo because she JUST WOULDN"T SHUT UP ALL THE WAY HOME!!! She just kept going & going & going!!! Plus her patterning reminds me of the doppler effect so she had to have a sound related name!

Jasmime
Jewel
Josie
Juliette

Piper
Pippa
Phoebe

Angelina
Ava

Matilda
Maggie

Delilah

Ophelia
Olivia

Bella
Blossom
Buttercup
Baby

Ruby
Rose

Leila
Lily

Zoe

Sugar
Sassafrass

Isis

Roosters-
Kelso
Jiggy
Spike
Gorden
Jabberwoky
Zest

Hens-
Nosie Nellie & Maezel (twins)
Gloria
Knuttie
Dingbat
Mean Momma
Angel
Daisy
Rosie

There more not named yet. I call them all peepins. Seems like a lot roosters and there a couple not named yet. Dang it

Back
Top Bottom