11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
Florida
what I am? I am 5 weeks old.

chick3.jpg

chick2.jpg

Chick1.jpg

Thanks!!

It is white. What is its ear lobe color? White ear lobe means white egg layer unless it is a penedesenca. Red ear lobe means brown egg layer like white wyandotte, or white rock. Where did you get it from?

Not sure about the earlobe color - when I go back out to the coop I'll look. This was my free rare chick from McMurray.

If you look real close, in the first picture, there is a little bit of black coloring starting to come it.

Last edited:
I do not know what sex it is. I really can not think what it might be. It is a standard chick right? Does Mcmuray's free rare chick mean it is actually rare or is it just any one chick they have? Sorry I could not be of more help. Where is the black coloring coming through? Could it be a lackenvelder?

I really don't know what they consider a rare chick. The first rare chick I got turned out to be a Lakenvelder Rooster who is now beautiful.

On that first pic if you look behind her wing toward the tail I have noticed some black starting to come in, don't know where it will end up though.

I sure hope it turns out to be a little hen
fl.gif

Well, the leg/shank color is okay for Lakenvelder. But I don't think that a Lakenvelder at 5 weeks of age would be that white. She looks like she has the face of a Lakenvelder...

Lakenvelder - shadow over a sheet - so I would expect more black. But I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom