Please tutor me to raise Cornish X for my freezer

I made mine with 2x4s and hardware cloth. I also left a 1 ft skirt on them. The hardware cloth is 4 ft tall, so the tractor is 3 ft tall. Top is covered with corrugated tin. I have 2 of them, they are 8' x 8' each, so pretty roomy. I think they are pretty safe, but they are temporary. I doubt I will keep them, I dunno yet.

Natalie, Those are the very same feelings I had about these. I am getting so excited as butcher times gets closer!
ya.gif

Quote:
I do have plenty of cemenet blocks to keep the fencing/hardwire cloth down-its the picking all of them up to move the tractor all the time that worries my already aching back! Kathy-you only have a short time to go right? Are you going to post photos? I can't wait for you to get to that point!

Butchered 25 of them on Saturday, at 9 weeks and 3 days old. Average weight of each package of meat is over 6 pounds.
Here is a picture the day before butchering. The other 12 will be processed this next weekend. Note: The temperature has averaged 100* almost the entire time I have fed these. I believe the reason I was so successful is because they were always shaded. I did not lose one chicken. (Well, I did lose 2 to drowning, early on!) I sold 12 of them the first week, so I had 39 - 2 = 37 to be processed in the end ......

31282_8-20-10_127.jpg

31282_8-20-10_133.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom