Please verify identity- EE?

Momoflilgs

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 5, 2011
She (I hope) is almost nine weeks old. We bought her at a feed store and she was supposed to be a Light Brahma. Obviously, she is something else and we suspect an EE. The other varieties available that day were Speckled Sussex, Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, Blue Andalusian, New Hampshire Red, Black Star, Red Star, and Araucana. The Araucana in the hatcheries picture does now look like our chick but I understand colors can very. We would appreciate if you could help identify her. She is much bigger than our Speckled Sussex and even bigger than the Buff Orpington. Thank-you for your help.
85328_fritata.jpg

She doesn't have any muffs and she's so big that I think the Araucana option might be out. Here's what she looked like as a chick-
85328_fritata_sitting.jpg
I hope she is definitely a pullet because we are super attached to all three of our girls. This one was accidentally dropped when she was a few days old and for a time had a lot of trouble walking. She would get up and move and then plop down a little on her side. I put a divider in the brooder to separate her but our other two would jump over it to cuddle with her. She eventually healed and now runs around fine. She's a very special chicken and I'd love to know what variety she is!

Don't you love a good mystery chicken? We have a few ourselves and they add spice to life! At least you got a good looking mystery.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom